a priori/a posteriori

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Hey Saxon

When you learn about history, it will be taught from a perspective.

It will also be learned from a perspective.  Without realizing it, you have a "perspective" -- a place you see the world from, that will never be totally the same add anyone else.

There will be debated about what version of history is accurate. Two perspectives will look at the same historical figure. One will claim them add a hero. Another will claim them as a monster.

To me, this means the people who have had no impact on history are the ones to study. The nameless and faceless.

Or not. This is my perspective. It affects yours, so bake that into your assessment of the world: you probably agree with me less than you think.

I hope you like the ball your mom and I got you.

No comments:

Post a Comment