a priori/a posteriori

Friday, May 25, 2012

Recording an Album, 6: Finally - Happiness!

Well, I record my first album 2 weeks from today.  And I think I finally broke through to the other side.  I’m actually pretty excited for it.  Nervous still, yes.  Terrified still, yes.  But I’m also looking forward to it.  I’m excited to be stupid, and be funny, and to just have a good time with it, and not worry about how it turns out.

Don’t ask me to repeat that sentence in an hour, by the way.  But that’s how I feel right now.  And I’ve been feeling good about this whole thing a lot lately.

Sometimes I forget how easy it would have been to not do this at all.  I could have just kept plowing through, night to night, waiting for someone to tell me that it’s time for me to evolve.  Waiting for some Oz-like voice to tell me that it’s finally time for me to receive my brain, or my heart, or whatever I think I’m lacking.

But instead, I’m putting my money where my mouth is (or perhaps more accurately, I’m putting my friend Andrew’s money where my mouth is, since he convinced me to do this by offering to produce the shows and fund the project.  So maybe I’m not as ballsy as he is...but still pretty ballsy, I’d say).

This is going to be fun.  The venue is cool, the people that will come to support me will be cool, and we’ll all have a good time with it.  No matter what, on June 10th, I’m going to be proud that I did this.  So...good.

Don’t let my smooshed-up face fool you -- I’m starting to get really excited for these shows.  I’m going to have a blast with them.  Whatever they are, I’m going to own them.  I can’t wait to see where we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment