a priori/a posteriori

Monday, July 2, 2018

These Posts Used to be Honest

I think that was probably the appeal.  I don't think it had to do with the topic -- stand-up comedy, in most cases.  I think it probably had to do with the honest effort of another human being to communicate ideas clearly, and without manipulation.

I have a daughter now.  I just, do.  It's my daughter.  There might be more than two parents, which I never realized was a thing.  By claiming my daughter I am not taking away anyone else's daughter.  It only helps a child to have more people in her world that legitimately feel like her parent.  It's just an extra amount of the world that is rooting for her to find peace and joy and love and happiness.

My son is incredible.  He sparks joy in others like flint and that other thing that combines with flint to make fire.  He is crying in the other room.  I got kicked out of the bedroom for making too much noise, as Vanessa tries to convince him to release his grip on consciousness, and trust that sleep will be a safe river that

_____
Tomorrow morning, I'll try again.  Every day, I try my best.  I always have.  Sometimes it doesn't look like it.  Sometimes, to other people, my best looks like I'm not trying.

But every day, I try my best.  Tomorrow morning will be the same.  I'll try to wake up with the light from the East, try to be waiting for the bottom half of the sun, try to pick up mass and fight gravity in a fluid motion that teaches my body to develop symmetrical muscle.

I'll try my best.  I'll try my best.  I'll wake up next to a beautiful woman, a smoking hot woman, and try to fit her head on my chest well.  Tucked under my chin.  And we'll keep our fingers crossed that our baby sleeps in.

Changes ahead.  And that's okay.
_____
I'm more professional than I've ever been.  I have more growth.

I'll wake up tomorrow and try my best.

I hope I start writing more.

I hope I inspire others.

I enjoy the writing of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment