a priori/a posteriori

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Top News Story Today

You are reading this,  so you want this.  I promise.  This is not a main road. It is your help that paved this humble moment.

Vanessa taught our niece some painting techniques today. By the time she left to get McDonalds, Noah was calling her sissy by mistake.

Except it wasn't a mistake.  Life doesnt require i.d.s, and our birth certificates dont come out of the womb with us.  They are real. But they aren't natural.

A child calling his cousin "sissy" because she's treated him like a brother, every time she's seen him?  That's natural.

There are lessons I learned very late, in my life. They are the ones that I'm most humbled by.

It is so relaxing, to realize how wrong I was. It makes me realize that to worry is arrogant.  Worry presumes a future, which is embarrassingly arrogant, as I look at my life's mirror.  I see a lot of worry looking back.

Worry is not action. Except, it is. It is a brain pattern,  which is absolutely a physical movement.  "Worry is an action" allows us to be less hard on ourselves. 

That doesn't fix everything. But it does make everything better.

No one needs to fix anything right now.  We just need to breathe.

Love is not alone. It has history on its side.

Shoutout cuzzies and the Long Island crew. Shoutout Drews and Zacs. Shoutout the husband's and wives trying. Shoutout the artists searching.  Shoutout the artists translating.

Sometimes surrender is courageous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment