a priori/a posteriori

Friday, August 31, 2012

Writing a Script, and Awesome People

I just spent the past two weeks in Austin, Texas, where I once called home.  It was honestly two of the better and more forward-moving weeks of my life, and I'm excited to write about the experience.

Stand-up is going wonderfully, as I continue to get better and better at exactly what I want to be doing onstage, instead of feeling like I have to handcuff myself to anything that's been done before.

I continue to find amazing, exciting, passionate people as I wind my way through life.  As far as trying to stay passionate and trying to live the best life I can, these encounters are like having someone hand you a cup of water while you're in the middle of a marathon.  A lot of times, you don't spend a lot of time with them.  But man, does that cup of water help.

And some of those people, it's a different analogy.  I can't think of it right now.  It's like another runner, I guess.  And you just happen to be running, and you both notice each other.  And you just kind of nod.  And then you start running together.  And you challenge each other, and you both start running faster.  And it's just awesome.

I've met some really fast runners.  And they make me want to run as fast as I can.  And it makes life a fucking blast.  It really does.

If you have awesome people around you, odds are good that you're life is going to be awesome. It's going to be fun, and exciting, and you won't get bored with it.  It's almost impossible.  There are just so many awesome things happening all around you.  Whether you want them to or not.

That's the key to my life, right now.  Is just having awesome people all around me.  It's making my life incredible.

One of them is my (basically) sister, Lydia.  I'll write more about her sometime.  But she's great.  She's a scriptwriter. And she came to me about two months ago, and asked if I wanted to co-write a script with her.

I said yes.  And we have been.  Which is part of the reason I haven't been blogging.  Though another part - as it always is - is just that I haven't been blogging.  If that makes sense.

I can't stay long.  I wrote this in 10 minutes.  Which is probably the best thing I could do.  Is write something so quickly that I don't have time to care about it.  Here it is.  It's done.  An update.

I'm writing a script.  And it feels fucking awesome.  Sorry for the cursing.  But you get the point.

Life is good.  My trip to Austin was inspiring, and my trip home - a 60-hour odyssey on an Amtrak train - was the best decision I've made in a while.

Now I'm back in New York City.  My home.  And today is the last day of August.  8 months down in 2012.  4 months to go.  I don't think I've ever been more excited for a 4-month stretch.  I've packed a ton of life into 8 months.  And there's little reason to think the next 4 won't be pretty awesome, too.

It's all about the people around me.  That's the whole game.  Which is why New York is such an amazing place.  You slowly find people, that inspire you, and you get over your fear that you're not worthy, and you just try to put yourself around amazing people as much as you can.

This place makes you super humble.  But I can think my life is awesome, and still be humble.

When everyone else in my life is awesome, my life is going to be awesome, even if I totally suck!

Maybe I do, maybe I don't.  But it's starting to matter to me less and less, whether I suck or not.  My life is awesome.  I feel very lucky.  But a lot of life is a coin with no heads or tails on it.  We just kind of flip it, and then decide what we see.

Life is a coin with no heads or tails.  Yes? Do you get it?

At least that's what my brain tells me.  And that's all I have to go off of.  If your brain disagrees, then more power to you.  But that's what it looks like from here.  Just so you know.

Love,
Bryson
Even when unnecessary, captions are fun

No comments:

Post a Comment