1. First of all,
don't call it a "comeback." I've been here for years.
But I haven't really been writing, these past few years. So it may seem -- to you, the reader -- like it's a "comeback."
2. Okay. Fine. Let's own it.
I'm coming back.
3. I'm not really sure how I feel about this new "numbers system," I'm doing. I'm writing more now, and I can almost feel myself evolving, as a writer.
I'm slowly getting more comfortable with writing.
And you want to know what's triggered it?
You want to know the secret to actually getting out of my own way , and just starting to WRITE?
5. I know. Crazy, right?
6. But yes. Love Letters. All cursive-like, and everything.
Some hand-written. Some forged in that fast-drying, most permanent of 2014 metals: The Internet.
But all of them real. Like, a real, genuine effort to communicate to my partner, who -- for the sake of limiting the paparazzi -- I refer to in the letters as
7. Miss Butterfly Starfish
8. And so, Miss Starfish (who is a real person, I remind you) has -- in some weird, poetic way -- brought me back to writing. And yet somehow, I think I can return to it now, and actually
9. Enjoy myself, along the way.
10. ENJOY THE RIDE