a priori/a posteriori

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Brief Escapes from the Chaos

And yet, on this Saturday, I have ten minutes to write.


While Vanessa rushes with two kids, to the pet store, to get dog food and treats. 


Before we rush out to dinner, and before we go to bed, to get ready for a much-too-busy Sunday.


Life is good.


When we have a chance to write,
life is good.


When Vanessa has a chance to paint,
life is good.
_____
Part of my life is letting go of a need for audience.


Part of it is trying to brush my teeth before bed.


And part of it is trying to be worth more to the world, so I can invest in land.


And by "invest in,"


I mean plant trees in.
_____
Part of my life is playing legos with a 5 year-old.


Part of it is playing basketball with 12 year-olds.


Part of it is teaching math to 17 year-olds.


And part of it is teaching patience to myself.
_____
My life is chaos, right now.


Which I am beginning to think is what most people say to themselves,


from about ages 8 to 108.
_____
Writing briefly calms the waters.


But honestly,


and I think I mean this,


bring on The Waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment