a priori/a posteriori

Friday, March 3, 2017

Plans are a Doorway, Life is an Earthquake

It's Friday night.  Vanessa is upstairs resting.  I am downstairs writing.

Life is good right now.

Like, right now.  In this moment.

I have no idea what tomorrow will be.  It seems silly to worry about it right now.
_____
It is

8:00 PM
_____
I am excited to write again.  I took February off.

I worked hard in February.  I don't think I was very good at my jobs.  But I had two, and I tried my best at both of them.

I was better at the end of the month than I was at the beginning.

In March, I expect to feel that way about

1.  Writing
2.  Stand-up
3.  Physical Fitness
4.  Diet
5.  Teaching
6.  Coaching
7.  Parenting
8.  Finances

March will be a busy month.

It already is.
_____
_____
So few things go according to our plans, in life. 

But it's still a good idea to have a plan.  Life is an Earthquake, and the aftershocks never stop.

Not in a bad way.  It can't be "a bad way."  Because that's just what life...is.  For everyone.  Even rich people die.  Even rich people's parents die.  My dad died this winter.  Money won't bring him back.  No matter what Ted Williams head tries to tell you.

People die.  It's part of the deal.  Sometimes old people.  Sometimes babies.  It's part of the Earthquake. 

You can hate the shaking.  Or you can learn to love the instability. 

Some people love surfing. 

Earthquakes give us the rare chance to surf on waves of land. 

This March,

my goal is to not hate the rippling ground beneath me.

It's to start surfing on these shifting plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment