a priori/a posteriori

Friday, August 25, 2017

I'm so proud of our story

It would have been easy for me to quit, years ago.

Quit life, altogether. "The script" wasn't going how I wanted it to. People weren't saying the right things anymore.

I self-medicated, for a while. We have a drug "epidemic," in our country, all of a sudden.

I have fought my way away from the jagged cliffs of that siren song. But I blame no one for chasing that lie. Reality is a blinding sun.

I work hard. I try hard. I wake up and pick my head off the pillow. Sometimes with the help of a pep talk from Butterfly. And then the kindness of my friends and family provides reinforcements, throughout the journey. Like trail mix for the heart and soul.

We continue. I am proud of our story.

You read this, so you should be too


No comments:

Post a Comment