It’s February 7, 2013.
I’ve been hustling again. 6 days this month, 17 sets so far. Tuesday I got 6 sets in, the last of which was at 2:35 in the morning. Say what you will about New York. But there’s stage time.
This is my second blog of the month. Blogging in the form of journaling - which is what I’m doing now - is fine. It’s documenting this experience, which is what my ultimate goal is. But I’d love to get into some specifics, too.
Why don’t I make a quick list of some topics that I’d love to get to this month. Let’s be optimistic here. There are no bad ideas.
1. Dating a fellow comic
2. Getting on television vs. Getting on the internet. Which matters more, to the future?
3. Why I was wrong about “Stand-Up Philosophy.” And why it should have been called “Stand-Up Bryson Turner”
4. Patrice was great. But he also wasn’t that great.
5. I did a few podcasts. I should provide links for anyone who wants them.
6. How’s the next hour progressing?
7. How’s the first special and the website progressing?
A couple years ago, I bought the laptop that I’m writing this on. And I made a folder with the heading “Just Start.”
And back then, that was great advice. I needed to hear that. “JUST START.”
Now, it’s February, 2013. I’m starting a new folder today. I’m giving it the heading “JUST FINISH.”
That’s great advice for me right now, in my life. It’s time to finish things.