a priori/a posteriori

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Year 3, Day 19: Hello, Mrs. Butterfly

Hi.  I decided to write you on here.  Because of what you said, over the weekend.  About the picture of me using our engagement ring as a resting place, for my microphone.

I guess you did know all along.  You knew that if we were going to fall in love (which we did, immediately), it would be a public romance. 

And you made your own decision, that you were willing to fight through those muddy waters, to get to a better place, together.
_____
And so here we are.  I am writing you a love letter, on the Internet.

Which is not new.  But doing it here, on my website, is maybe a little new.  Maybe a little more public. 

Especially since people are going to start finding it, more and more.  And making it a part of their daily routines.

Or not.
_____
Something Dragonfly said last night:  she gets tired, trying to keep up so many "social media sites."

I do, too.  I think that's been one of my issues, over the years.  I've tried to do too much.  I've tried to live too many different lives, on the Internet.

And to think:  this whole time, "the Internet" hasn't been real.
_____
I am more comfortable than ever, writing you love letters online.  Because in the real world -- the physical world -- you have a ring on your finger, and we are now on our way to marriage. 

Which is exciting.  More than exciting.

Part of me wants to keep every aspect of our relationship private.  And who knows -- I may make that decision, starting tomorrow. 

But you are a part of my life, and I am a part of yours.  And that is terrific, wonderful, and exciting news, to both of us.  And I don't apologize for that.  I instead choose to shout it from the highest rooftop.

Hmm.  Maybe it's time I do that, literally.  Maybe on Thursday, I should shout from the top of Mount Trashmore.  That I am in love.  And that I have found my Ride-or-Die Boo.

I found my wife. 

And her name is Mrs. Butterfly Turner.

No comments:

Post a Comment