a priori/a posteriori

Sunday, January 22, 2017

In 2017, call me an "American Political Frog"

I have been told that frogs have a fatal flaw.


When a frog is dropped into a pot of boiling water, they instinctively jump out.  They recognize the danger immediately, and hop out before they die.


However,


when a frog is put into a pot of cool water, it will stay there.


and if a burner is turned on, and the water heats up, it will stay here.


and the water gets warmer and warmer,
but because the process is gradual,
the frog doesn't notice change,
and it boils to death.


And thus for a frog,


boiling water


isn't as dangerous


as comfortable water.
_____
It is 2017.


My President is not respectful to other nations. 
My President is not respectful to other cultures.
My President is not respectful to many of his own citizens, for various reasons that all have


"they are not me"


baked in.
_____
It is 2017.


I am an American Political Frog.


I am still very comfortable, here in America.


But I could swear this water is getting warmer...

No comments:

Post a Comment