a priori/a posteriori

Saturday, January 21, 2017

You're Right, Tipping is RUDE (Dear Harrison 2)

1.  Good call on your first point.  Until I start writing these in Japanese, you're safe.


2.  Buddha said lies could be good if they help children!?  If you keep teaching me interesting things like that, you can expect a great big stocking from Santa this year!


3.  Did you seriously just call it "act wrestling"?  Do you have ZERO desire to be friends with Lawson?


4.  Yes, I remember when you tried to get me to watch "Death Note."  I am still trying to watch it.  But I feel like I should invite Vanessa to watch it with me, now.  And now that I have a job and all. 


(my finger-muscles just got a great workout, because I'd never typed those letters in that order before)


5.  We miss him, but I talked to him on the phone the other day.  He's still awesome.  He's very excited to play Mario. 


6.  Oh, wait.  Did I tell you about the incident yet?  The one that occurred the night before he left?


7.  Yes, America is a very flawed place.  We have been very arrogant, for a very long time.  Our reluctance to embrace the metric system is funny in a way.  But it's also a very real example of why the rest of the world is rightfully disgusted with us. 


We've spent generations acting like there are two planets -- the one we're on, and the one everyone else is on. 


As dad said with a dry voice and an eyebrow-raise, a few months before he died --


"I think it's going to be an interesting next ten years or so, for the planet"


Gee.  Umm.  Enjoy the view?
_____

No comments:

Post a Comment