a priori/a posteriori

Saturday, January 21, 2017

2017: Pay Period Review (1)

I want to think of writing and stand-up comedy as serious professions.  They are jobs I have.

The amount I'm paid does not tell me whether or not they are jobs.  They tell me how good a job I have done.

No one can tell me I'm not a professional comedian.  And no one can tell me I'm not a professional writer.

I am an independent contractor. 

You can tell me I'm bad at my job.

You can tell me I need a new advertising team.

But you can't tell me I don't have a job.
_____
Because I'm an independent contractor, it means I don't have a boss.

That means if I slack off for a full 2-week pay period, then no one is going to sit down with me, and ask why.

Unless I have that talk with myself.

That
is why I will write 24 of these reviews, in 2017.

Because I take myself seriously.

And I want to know how good I am, at my job.
_____
_____
During the first 2 weeks of 2017,

I did not get onto a stage.

I went to 2 comedy shows,
and left early both times,
because of family commitments.

I wrote one new bit, and performed it once for Vanessa.
_____

During the first 2 weeks of 2017,

I wrote 22 blogs.

That is more than half of what I wrote in all of 2016.

I do not control the number of reads,
but in 2 weeks, that number is at 325

already more than 20% of the visitors to this site,
in all of last year.

My 2017 readership is currently at 400%
year-over-year growth.

And every time someone gets "caught up,"
that number gets inspired,
and climbs the mountain.
_____
_____
The numbers say I had an inspired first 2 weeks.

The content agrees.

I started this year with a prayer
and away we went.

I finally started to explore my feelings as a Cleveland Browns fan.  That great back-and-forth with my friend Damen Camin led to a thread I am proud of.



The Most Important Pick in the History of the Cleveland Browns (Dear Damen)
I
I
Fast-Forwarding Through Browns-Fan-Experience (Dear Damen 2)
I
I
"Hope Dies When Success is Achieved." -- Damen Camin
I
I
Drafting a Quarterback in 2017 (Dear Damen 4)
I
I
"The 7 Picks Life" (Dear Damen 5)
I
I
"I don't feel bad for them" (Dear Damen 6)



And that's a thread you should be proud of, too, Damen.  Because you co-wrote it.
_____
_____
That's the idea for this year.  Write early, write often, and have good conversations with great minds.


I'm excited for my next report


on how hard I worked in January

1 comment:

  1. 2. Asalam-O-Alaiakum! How are you all? Well, I must say that the services were really good, but the guidance was not as great as it should be. We had some issue in Makkah, when we were doing Tawaf, due to the misguidance of the staff members, although the other things were really good.
    economy hajj packages

    ReplyDelete